Mandy & Chris




Dear Wonderful Family,

Well, this has been a FANTASTIC year!  I will just cut to the chase since this is about the only thing I am writing about!:)  We have added four feet to our family, and this time it is not of the animal variety!

                Last May, Chris and I found out that we were finally pregnant.  At my first ultrasound appointment the doctor said, “Well here is Baby A and here is Baby B.”  We were going to have twins!:)  Chris and I were so very excited and not too surprised as I had felt the feeling of twins since finding out and kept telling Chris that we would be having twins.  At around my 20th week, we found out that we would be having a girl and a boy.  We were so excited to be having both a boy and a girl as I had wanted to have a girl first and Chris had wanted to have a boy first.  We got the best of both worlds!  I was very thankful to have a great pregnancy with no morning sickness.  I was able to keep working until about my 32nd week when I found out that I had to go on strict bed rest.  This was very hard for me right before Christmas, but thankfully I have an amazing husband and family who took care of me!  (I have to say not having to cook and clean was quite nice!)  At my 36th week appointment, I was feeling quite ready to be done and asked my doctor if I could come in the next day to have a c-section.  It was my dad’s birthday that day and I thought it would be neat for the twins to be born on his special day.  The doctor told me no and that it was a bit too early and we n
eeded to try to hold off for about another week or two.  At the end of the appointment they found out that I had preeclampsia which is common with multiple pregnancies and can be pretty severe.  The doctor called me later that night and told us that I was getting my wish and to be at the hospital right away the next morning.  It was a bit overwhelming to have less than 24 hours to prepare that we would be parents the next day.  I had to have a c-section because both babies were breach.  At 12:05 PM, Miss Sophia Grace Williams was born weighing 6 lbs 4 oz and was 19.5 inches long.  Little Sawyer Dean was born soon after at 12:07 PM.  He weighed 5 lbs 10 oz and was also 19.5 inches long.  It was an extra special day with them being born on their grandpa’s birthday!  It is amazing how someone can be so in love with two little babies immediately. 

They are both very good babies!  Sophia loves her baths, likes to grunt and make little noises, and already loves to snuggle with mom.  Sawyer is very good at keeping his pacifier in his mouth, likes to snort when he is mad, and hates taking baths (just like a typical boy!)  They love being next to each other and “talking” to each other! 

I now have a good excuse to have a messy house because there is two of everything and by the time we get done feeding, changing diapers, and getting babies asleep, it is about time to start all over again!  I can’t complain too much though because we are very fortunate to have such amazing families.  They have helped us out tremendously by making us meals, doing laundry, and of course helping with the babies!     

We were lucky enough to have Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Bob come to visit us.  They were here to see the babies dedicated at church on February 12th.  They are both proud great-grandparents and we loved having them here with us. 


Well, I figured it was ok to leave out the job stuff that I talk about every single year and just tell you about the new loves of Chris and my life.  I hope this letter finds each of you happy and healthy, and we can’t wait to show off our new additions!           



                                                                                                                                               With Love,
                                                                                                     Chris, Mandy, Sawyer, and Sophia Williams




No comments: