DeAna & Brian 2012

I must need the crunch time adrenaline to help me put words on paper, because I’ve started this letter several times.

Part of me just wants to say, go to Facebook and see all of my amusing posts for the last year, but I know some of you aren’t even on that social network…

Here’s a brief synopsis of 2012…

Lexie came to live with us, so that makes five kids under our roof.  Braylan and Lexie are Brians 14 year old twins.  They are freshmen in high school.  They go to Cedar High School, but we won’t hold that against them.

Braylan played football and did really well his first year.  He’s that kid who does extra wind sprints after practice is over.  Glutton for punishment much? Braylan gets mostly A’s and some B’s.  He loves science and computer classes and wants to be an engineer someday.  He is the kid with a perpetual smile on his face, and I’m pretty sure he sees the world through a set of rose colored glasses.

Lexie is a delight to have at our home full time and not just on holidays.   She is a straight A student and placed in the top six in the state debate tournament as a freshman.  Not bad for a blonde…  She is helpful, kind, beautiful, has a strong spirit and did I mention smart?  She is in the advanced women’s choir and plays the guitar and piano.

Savannah is also a straight A student who loves school and does her homework promptly if she has any left from the bus ride home.  She is athletic, loves her family, is helpful, smart, organized and is entering into that “tweener” stage and that’s fun…  She has a beautiful voice, and can pick out melody lines of her favorite music on the piano easily.  Time for lessons for her.

Ian struggled last year in school due to a rotten teacher (who has since been fired), but has a wonderful teacher this year and has blossomed as a good little student.  His reading has really skyrocketed due to in part reading the Book of Mormon every night as a family.  I’m very happy about his improved progress.  He still has a hard time remembering to hand in the homework he has completed, but hey, at least he does it…(mostly).

Abby is the one who makes everyone laugh.  She has a blankie she has named Smelly and still sucks her thumb, but I’m confident she will outgrow that when she starts school *snort*.  Yes, confident…  She is a very active, smart as a whip, funny, loving little four year old that tells me often “I’m still your baby, huh, mom”.  Yes, yes she is.

As for Brian and I, we just try to keep up with it all. 

Brian has started a jerky business and we just opened a Shave Ice shack called  the Hula Hut, but that didn’t happen in 2012 exactly, so I’ll have to expound on that in next years newsletter.

We love you all, and can’t wait to see you. 

Lamoreaux

No comments: