Michelle & Ben 2012

Let's see, what has changed this year?  A lot is the same. 
  It was really nice to see everyone at Robert's viewing but so incredibly sad to lose our dear uncle Robert.  He will surely be missed!!!
We had a great family reunion trip on Ben's side of the family up in Seattle.  What a beautiful place, we had so much fun.  We also had a really good time at the Ray and Becky Humpherys reunion by Ephraim that Drew and Steph put together.  I'm so glad that we are doing those now so my kids can always stay close with their cousins.  

Ben:  Works at Fidelity Investments downtown Salt Lake, 2nd counselor in the bishopric and is still running his My Calculator Rental business on the side.  He is a wonderful husband and dad.  He's such a good example to me in so many ways.  

Michelle:  Stays at home with the kids, does occasional jobs for Urban Talent and BrideQueen along with haircuts for people in the ward.  I teach in the relief society once a month which I love.  

Brayden:  Started going to a preschool 4 times a week and knows all of his letters now which makes me so incredibly happy.  He's getting better at writing his name and is the funniest kid.  He loves to quote movies, act them out and laugh all the time.  Brayden is a good helper to Ben out in the yard or when he needs to feed the chickens. He is quite the complimenter as well.  He will always tell me "I like your shirt Mom" or "Your hair looks nice Mom" or "Thanks Mom you're the best".   It melts my heart every time.   

Jasmine:  She's quite the character and wins anyone over right when they meet her.  She gets a lot of attention with those blonde curls of hers and is still saying "thanks Mom" to everything I do.  I love it.  She's potty training now and is in a big girl bed.  She just became a sunbeam and couldn't have been more ready.  She likes to do everything Brayden does.  If Brayden doesn't give her enough hugs throughout the day she cries and says " I need Brayden"  Brayden just rolls his eyes and gives her a hug anyway.  The kids are the cutest in the mornings and so willing to obey and do what they need to do.  Jasmine tried to put lip gloss on Brayden the other day and he was not having it at all so Jasmine was crying saying " I need a sister"  

  Which brings us to our biggest news of all.   We are having another girl and couldn't be more excited!!!!  Brayden on the other hand was pretty put out that he wasn't getting a brother.  He said, "But why didn't Heavenly Father give me a brother?"  ha ha  But he's use to the idea now and the kids can not wait for her to be born.  This has definitely been the hardest pregnancy of all.  I was so incredibly deathly sick that I had to move the kids and I in with my mom and dad so that we could all be taken care of.  My mom is a saint for making all of my meals, taking care of the kids and just being there for me.  As well as the rest of my family would come over and clean and make me meals.  I honestly don't know what I would've done without them.  I couldn't keep down any food hardly and no medicines were helping.  It was so miserable.  Thank goodness that first trimester is over, I thought I was going to die.   

  But the other big news is that we bought a house.  No more renting hallelujah.  The sounds of the freeway next to our room at night, shaking the house and people in our ward telling us that their car got stolen again or their house got broken into or the continuous graffiti wherever you turn got to be a little much.  It really was fun being that close to downtown Salt Lake but we just felt we wanted to raise our kids in a better area.  We move in next month and we are two exits away from Lisa and Jim so that'll be a lot of fun.  Maybe after I have this little girl, Lisa can get my butt back into shape after not having worked out for 9 months because I was so sick.  blah.  We are hoping to get Paige and Brayden on the same soccer team in the spring.  

  We love you all and so glad that our family still keeps up these newsletters and family reunions
Love,
  Ben, Michelle, Bradyen, Jasmine and baby Anastasia



No comments: