Michelle & Elliot 2014

Melanie and Elliot

Hello Humpherys Family—
It is my privilege to put together this year’s newsletter. Thank you everyone who contributed to the newsletter and please don't hate me forever for pestering all of you to get them to me. I was looking through our pictures and it looked like our year revolved around Wesley. We had our baby boy Wesley Ray Decker the end of 2013.  To be honest it feels very blurry, and I can’t remember most of the year because I didn’t get much sleep. I don’t know how Grandma Humpherys had so many kids. She must have felt tired all the time. Ha!

January:  Josie turned 7, she loves anything art and she’s still playing the piano. She is a great big sister and is always will to help. Carly started preschool, we started late because of the baby. She loves it and it is so fun to hear her sing all of her cute songs. She learned a bunch of patriotic songs, my dad is so proud.
February: My knee swelled up to twice the size as my other knee. I got  bursitis of the knee. I hardly could walk and do anything. My mom and mother in law came and helped me out.
March: We went to Logan and visited Ryan and Natalie for his birthday party. Carly ended up getting really sick and Wes cried a lot but other than that it was so fun to hang out with the newlyweds and their adorable new house.
April:  We had our annual Easter egg hunt and Grandma and Grandpa’s house. The kids love hanging out with their cousins just as much as I did as a kid.
May:  Elliot’s brother graduated from the University of Utah and his brother surprised him with a visit from Canada
June: Elliot’s youngest brother got married and Josie and Carly got to be the flower girls and I was able to do the brides hair.
July:  Stephanie and her family came to visit, our family looks forward to this every year. We miss them so much! We went to the 4th of July Parade, Elliot and I hosted the 5th annual Humpherys Reunion at the South Jordan Park  and BBQ and played a bunch of games. We went to the RSL game for Elliot’s birthday, we were given front row tickets. We loved the Humpherys Reunion this year. Great Job, Dad and Mom and the rest of the family for planning a great reunion.
August: We were able to go to the Ogden Temple Open House, It was gorgeous. Josie and Carly thought it was amazing.
September:  Grandpa Decker passed away. Josie started 2nd grade and she loves her teacher this year, she actually enjoys going to school this year.
October:  Josie was a witch for Halloween, Carly was an Angel and Wes was a bumble bee we went trick or treating with my parents. My mom was Cleopatra costume and she nailed it, way to go mom! Earlier that month I put on a Halloween party for our primary kids and we were able to get a lot of our inactive members out. The kids looked amazing. Wesley turned 1, its amazing how fast these cute kids grow up. He is the busiest little boy, fights sleep, smiliest kid I’ve ever met. We love this little boy and wouldn't change him for the world.
November: I turned 30! Elliot made it extra special that day, I got to go to lunch with some friends and then he surprised me with some very thoughtful gifts and a surprise get together with family and friends.
December: Carly started gymnastics, she can do a cartwheel so well at such a young age we thought she would excel in gymnastics. Carly turned 5, she is full of attitude, very dramatic, she can always make any one laugh, classic middle child right now searching for attention. She loves to be around people and has lots of friends. Steph’s family came to visit for Christmas break, we went to a play,I did their hair for Drews sister’s wedding, Christmas parties and lots of family togetherness..
Elliot’s busy with school he will be done with school this coming December and he will get is Certified Financial Planning degree. He is also busy with sports in the ward, he coordinates all the sporting events with the youth and elders.
Melanie is busy with the kids, doing hair for family and friends and being the Primary President in our ward.
That’s all from us!
Love the Decker’s
Melanie, Elliot, Josie, Carly and Wesley
Carly, Josie and Wesley

Josie and Carly the flower girls.

Elliot and Wesley at the RSL game on the fourth of July.

9 of the grandkids for the Easter egg hunt.
Paige, Wesley, Carly, Jasmine, Josie, Stasia, Brayden, Allison and Isaac.

Wesley's one year old picture.

Carly, Melanie, Wesley, Elliot and Josie, family picture 2014

Family picture at Elliot's brother's wedding.

No comments: